This recipe calls for pumpkin puree as a major ingredient. We recommend making it yourself but if that's not an option, you can use store bought puree. We can't guarantee the taste if you use store bought since we used our own Homemade Pumpkin Puree in this recipe. All of the steps are listed below for your enjoyment but we've also created an easy to print PDF version that you can find at the end of this post. It's perfect for downloading to use later or for printing out and adding to your cookbook!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
Kitchen Items needed: large bowl, pie tin, spoon, aluminum foil, oven, cookie sheet (optional)
- 2 cups homemade pumpkin puree (or one can of store bought)
- 2 eggs
- 3 ground cloves
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 14oz can of condensed milk
- pinch of salt
- pie crust (premade or homemade – your choice!)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
3. Press pie crust into pie tin following directions for the crust.
4. Fill the crust with pumpkin mixture.
5. Place in oven for 1 hour. (Halfway through, cover the exposed crust with aluminum foil to avoid burning.) Tip: Place the pie tin on a cookie sheet for added support.
6. Insert knife or toothpick into pie. If it comes away clean, it’s done. If not, bake a little longer.
7. Let cool for an hour before serving.
P.S. You can always have a little fun and create a smiley face on the top of your pie using a knife!
Are you a pie fan? We'd love to hear about your favorite ones in the comments below!
Don't forget to grab your printable version of the recipe by clicking on the picture below!